Micropolis Art Gallery
Sept/Oct Guest Artist - Stu Eichel
Meet the Artist Show &
Reception / Sept 9th
Oil painting of Gloversville Publc Library by Stu Eichel. Mr. Eichel, whose work has been displayed in many area galleries, has been painting scenes of Gloversville. See his work and meet the artist at Micropolis' Reception
Chamber Music at the Chamber
4 Concert series for the 2016-2017 season $20 each concert / $60 for series (limited series tickets will be sold)
• September 17th
Kelly Jo Lockwood, Oboe
& Joshua Thompson, French horn, with special guests
• November 26th
Cello Voce - Cello and vocal duo
• March TBA
French 75, Dixieland Jazz Ensemble
• May TBA
A Festival of Winds, Season Finale featuring works for large chamber ensembles
Sponsorship & Program Ads available starting at $50. Click for levels and application.
Why choose Gloversville for your family or business?
- Small city life-style - a little slower, a little friendlier, a lot less traffic and noise
- Affordable housing & commercial space
- Close to anywhere in the New York Capitol area including Tech Valley & the Global Foundries Chip manufacturing plant in Malta
- Surrounded by family farms & locally grown
produce, dairy products & meat
- Abundance of pristine, municipal water
- State-of-the-Art municipal landfill
- State-of-the-art waste water treatment facility with abundant capacity
- Close to the magnificent Adirondack Park, Saratoga, Lake George, Albany & Capitol Region & within 200 miles of NYC, Boston & Montreal
- Within 1 hour of Albany International Airport and Port of Albany
- Terrific sporting venues - crystal-clear lakes, hiking, biking, golf, boating, fishing, hunting, skiing, snowmobiling - all very close to Gloversville
- State-of-the-Art medical facilities close by - Nathan Littauer Hospital & St. Mary's Healthcare - with primary/specialty care facilities throughout the area
- Fulton Montgomery Community College - a hub for science, technology & the arts
- Good schools that are part of innovations in education happening in the area - including PTECH & Pathway programs
- We have a very active Fulton Montgomery Regional Chamber of Commerce and Fulton County Center for Regional Growth to help you establish or grow your business here
Why Shop Locally?
- It makes our community stronger
Shop at local stores and keep more money in our community - that's money that helps support important services like the police and fire departments, maintenance, etc - all the things important for OUR citizens.
- It supports small businesses.
Small business is the backbone of American entrepreneurship and prosperity and
the engine of competition. Our small business owners are our friends & neighbors.
- It keeps our downtown viable.
Gloversville is a special place - our downtown is part of what makes it unique. We have a variety of downtown merchants - food co-op, clothing stores, antiques, stained glass, deli, wood floors, fly-fishing, pharmacy, glove maker and MORE. Support the stores we have to encourage more to establish businesses here!
- Check our downtown merchants & businesses FIRST! Click for list of BID merchants
How close is Gloversville to these major cities?
|New York City, NY
|Newark Liberty Airport, NJ